Sunday, March 20, 2011

Something for “Luke”

Late last year my good friend Shireen asked me if i wanted to do a little stitchery block from her to her BF in Toowoomba. Of course I said yes when I found out that these blocks were going to be made up into a Memory Quilt about her BF’s  son “Luke”.  Luke died at a very young age a few years back from a illness he was born with.   I personally did not know him, I was just captured by all the stories I have heard ( A small boy filled with love, laughter and dreams). 

There is a group of ladies in Toowoomba that are doing the finishing construction of the quilt using his favourite cloths . Hopefully Shireen will get a photo of it for me when it’s finish.  All the different blocks from stitcheries, applique, needle turn and ones with a bit of everything.

Shireen and I picked out the stitchery block together from the “Life is Beautiful” book from Helen Stubbings.  The BOTM I have not yet started (lol).  Luke loved butterflies, purple and the saying was just perfect.

So here it is.

DSCF1272

We also had an idea to do a photo block with memories from Shireen’s children of Luke.

102_1549

I loved doing this project.  It is just a great idea to cherish the memories of someone special that you have lost.

Well back to the sewing room to finish off the binding on a quilt.  I will pop back soon with a little pic.

Take care

Katrina

2 comments:

Roseanne said...

You will have to get a photo of the quilt when it is finished. what a lovely thing to do for one one you never meet.

TMQG said...

what a beautiful use of this block, thanks for sharing Helen